About Exim Agent banking
Following the issuance of Agent Banking regulations in July 2017 by Bank of Uganda, Exim Bank has embarked on rolling out Agent Banking to give mileage in tapping the unbanked communities to strengthen its brand and create greater value through;
- Expanding into market segments that have the greatest potential and opportunities for growth and revenue.
- Extending access of its products and services to new and unbanked populations through a convenient, safe and more effective delivery channel. To achieve coverage and extend banking services to our customers, Exim Agent Point partners are community based businesses delivering banking services on our behalf subject to Bank of Uganda approval.
Under agent banking, customers can deposit and withdraw cash at selected locations such as supermarkets, shops and fuel stations around the country.
Exim Agent Points shall provide normal banking services such as Cash Deposits and Withdrawals, Account Opening origination, Utility payments, transfer of funds, Origination and the issuing of mini bank statements among others.
Features and Benefits
Services At Agent Points
- Cash deposit and withdrawal
- Payment services including bill payments
- Processing collections (C2B)
- Interbank & Intra bank money transfers
- Facilitating loan applications & repayments
- Payment of retirement and social benefits
- Collection & forwarding of documents for account opening or applications for payment instruments
- Balance inquiry
- Provision of mini statements
- Provision of a communication and distribution channel for the principal
- Any other activity as the central bank may approve
You can view